Our trip to Shawano was fun and family-filled. We were able to spend much time with Pyatskowits and Hamanns (my mom's side of the family). We looked at 10 houses, I think, but nothing was quite right. We will continue looking when we move to Shawano. We will be staying with Al and Gloria for a while, but hopefully not too long, for their sake. We are thinking of looking in other surrounding small towns like Gresham and Cecil, WI for housing. We saw some really strange stuff in some of the houses we looked at, like painted-shut windows, wobbly second stories and walls that were so bowed they looked like a wall in a fun-house at the carnival. There were a couple that we liked, but not well enough, so we'll keep looking since we have my cousin Billy-the-Realtor at our disposal!
JJ had great fun with his Pyatskowit cousin Isaac (just turned 5) and they sledded on the inch of crusty snow Shawano had. They were being wild, crazy and having so much fun, that you knew at some point someone would get hurt. Sure enough, JJ took a header off the sled and scraped his face on the snow. Think really bad encounter with a many-clawed cat and add swelling. Poor kid; but it is almost all healed already. He wasn't even phased; just the price for fun as a 4 year old.
My mom and dad came up to Ashland for a few days this week as well, and we had fun enjoying each other's company. We geocached near the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center and drove to Ironwood, MI so that I could ski. They had snow over there, lucky town, and I was able to ski 8 kilometers in the beautiful winter wonderland. It was just breathtakingly beautiful. I got a good workout and the kids had fun watching me a little and Dad took video of me. Interesting to watch myself ski.
This week will be lots of packing and saying good-bye to people. I'm taking the kids to things for the last time, so we'll be taking lots of pictures. Maybe in a couple weeks I can get them on here.
Sunday, December 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good Luck house hunting. I know it can be a very frustrating process.
Megan you've inspired me. Check it out. http://mandyfreshour.blogspot.com/
Hey Megan, your Mom and I have been enjoying your Blog thus far. Evidently great-grandpa has too, as he told us about your recent update we hadn't yet seen or read.
Hope you and Jonathan are getting some of that dreadful packing done. I'm sure the next several weeks could be a little stressful, but we'll be praying for you.
2manymilesaway (Mom & Dad)
Post a Comment