Monday, July 23, 2007

Long Time, No See!

It has been quite the year so far! This is my first blog of 2007 and it is JULY. I'll have to remind you all to take a look at this again since I'm sure you've all given up on me.
We are getting settled in our new home in Shawano, Wisconsin. This week I just got the computer set up and got internet service running. (Yeah, we have been here since March, but I'm slow, OK :) So now I hope to put at least weekly updates on this here blog and learn how to import pictures on to it (hopefully Jen can tell me how).
Recent interesting notes include that Elise and I went on a Mom-and-kid camp out to Madeline Island (in Lake Superior, close to Bayfield, WI) with our old WAKO group from Ashland. We set up our tent all by ourselves, cooked our own food, etc. It was neat to show Elise that moms can do just about anything and we had such a fun, fun time together. We played on the beach most of the time, and the rest of the time was spent sleeping. So, yeah, we were at the beach to whole time! I have cute pictures, so I'll try to get those on soon.
JJ still constantly provides us with humor! He loves to make people laugh, but sometimes the funniest things are when he is just being himself. Jonathan and I have to hide behind magazines sometimes because we don't want to embarrass him; but he is so JJ. Just last week Jonathan gave him a piece of mint (in JJ terms "govermint") gum. He rarely has ever had gum, so Jonathan reminded him to spit it out when he was done with it. After about 15 seconds JJ raced to the garbage can, with me watching, then went out and told Dad that he was done with it. Jonathan started to tell him that he can chew it longer so it is not wasted. I gave him a look and shook my head. For I had seen JJ with drool running out of his mouth, and had just realized that JJ couldn't figure out how to swallow his saliva without swallowing the gum. So he had to spit it out before he majorly "overflowed". I know some of you will be able to picture this in your mind, if you know JJ, and get a chuckle out of it.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Welcome back to blogging!