Yesterday we went up to Sand Lake (just outside Keshena) on the Menominee Reservation. We went with Jonathan's cousin Bruce, his wife Paula and their kids Griffin and Hailey. The weather was beautiful and the fish were biting! Everyone fished but Megan and Seth, and 44 fish were caught (bluegills, perch, sunfish). Paula, Griffin and Elise all caught huge bluegills or sunfish. All the kids caught a bunch of fish, and Jonathan and Bruce didn't catch many because they were so busy taking fish off the hooks and baiting hooks for the kids. They just kept reeling them in! Fun!
Seth was supposed to be napping about this time, so Bruce made a nice bed for him in the back of their Expedition, with the hatch closed, but the glass hatch up/open. I finally got Seth to stay laying down, after much crying. I crept away from the truck, then after a few seconds turned back to see if he was still down. Seth was standing up, peering over the edge of the hatch, and as soon as he saw me, said "HI." I had to laugh. "Hi" is his new word and he uses it constantly. Today he said "ball." Needless to say, to get him to sleep I had to buckle him into his carseat.
Paula and I heard a loon several times, then finally spotted it. So beautiful. And I saw a huge bald eagle fly over, then saw it perch on a log sticking out of the water not very far away. It sat there for a while, then when another one flew over, it flew off with it. What a beautiful day!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aunt Megan,
We have really enjoyed reading your blog. (I love your back ground) ;P I especially like "Seths first accident!"
Kara
It was a great day!!
Post a Comment